Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Travel update

My flight back to Seattle is less than a week away, on Monday May 18. It is difficult to believe that this crazy Latin American adventure is wrapping up, but I´m looking forward to heading home. Home: what an interesting idea. I have no place to live and no job to get back to, only friends and family to visit, and a series of decisions to make about what comes next. Before worrying too much about that, I still have another week here in Perú...

Our final week in Perú was supposed to include a trek to Machu Picchu, flight over the Nasca Lines, boat trip to the Islas Ballestas and visit to the Paracas Natural Reserve. Machu Picchu was... amazing (look for another post about that later.) Unfortunately the rest of our scheduled adventures will not be possible due to a series of strikes in Perú affecting overland travel. Tonight we´re back in Cusco, tomorrow we´ll try to fly to Lima and possibly stay there until our respective flights leave for home this weekend. I´m not entirely sure what we´ll do in Lima for 5 days, but we´re a resourceful bunch :)

I´ve posted a brief update to my itinerary. In summary, I plan to stay in Seattle for a few weeks to catch up with friends, then head out in my VW camper toward Maine by way of San Luis Obispo CA, possibly Austin TX, and Columbus OH. South Bristol ME will likely be my base camp for a series of shorter trips through northeastern US and Canada, and I´ll stop back in Minneapolis in mid-July for my family´s annual reunion. If you´re in Seattle, I´ll try to connect with you in the last part of May. I hope you´ll be around!! If you´re anywhere else in the country, there´s a good chance I´ll drop in to see you sometime in June or July while I´m traveling around in my camper. Sofas or spare bedrooms and hot showers will be most welcomed!

Looking forward to seeing my family and friends...

1 comment:

Zach said...

I hear that South Bristol is wonderful that time of the year. Happy Trails!