Sunday, February 13, 2011

On the future of this blog

At long last I’ve decided to resurrect this blog. After some [not too deep] thought, I've come to realize that I think of this as my travel journal; a forum to record the places I’ve been so that I can share them with friends and family, and to serve as a reference for returning to (or avoiding) specific sites or people or events that I’ve witnessed.

I recently landed in India for the first time, where I’ll be working for the next four weeks. I’d like to share some observations about my temporary home in Pune, near Mumbai. FIRST, however, I feel compelled to write about a few of the trips I’ve taken in the past 18 months that never made it into this travelogue. Look for back-dated posts about my favorite spots in western Washington, options for weekend visits to Victoria BC, and a recent two week adventure in Nicaragua. And THEN I’ll move on to my current trip.

1 comment:

L. Michael Geller said...

I look forward to hearing of your travels and exploits. For this reader its wonderful to hear about the parts of the world others have seen when I am only beginning to travel myself.

Ciao...